Sunday, April 20, 2008

first call

21 april 2008
makati city


Good thing Ayin was still there. Otherwise, I might have been unable to connect to Saafi and Fernando, who were waiting like a ravenous tiger ready to fall its newly edged teeth to its hapless prey.



My emotions flew like a wayward missile. This was my first time to have a call on my own, with me as the facilitator and the clients as devil’s advocates. Not until that call, I thought I could easily weave words to satisfy the ears of the clients. Though I must admit that even with my conviction that is sometimes larger than life, I was still anxious to do it. Before hearing the growl on the other line, I was at a loss I just crossed my legs to pacify my urge to pee. Worst part was that Boss Robi was sitting behind me, which would mean that I could have sermon as my side dish for my breakfast.



When I heard Saafi’s voice, I was glad I was able to regain my composure. Thanks for the script and spiels I prepared which proved to be helpful in my presentation. Then the conversation began with me a little hesitant at first. It actually ran smoothly I gained enough courage to continue and vaunt our analyses and action items; in fact, lovely, as Saafi liked the format and that they don’t have any issues with the QA team right now.



So there I was, smiling throughout the entire call while alternately flipping through my script. Lots of time I lost focus as I was engrossed in savouring their comments. Boss Robi interrupted from time to time to seek some clarification or to add up something I almost forgot to point out. During the wrap up part, Fernando and Saafi reiterated the necessity to keep a keen eye on the supervisors. I just shrugged my shoulder and gave Boss Robi a victorious look.



At exactly 7am, I heard the click on the other line. Only then was I able to breathe normally. Light discussion ensued, outlining what-to-do’s in the light of that call. But I was too busy to care anymore. So as soon as Boss Robi stepped out of the room, I immediately grabbed my bag and proceeded to somewhere I could silently celebrate my first call.

No comments:

Two Years

March 2010 Baang Coffee, Tomas Morato Two years ago, my goal was just to finish the selection process. I had no fantasy of bagging the posit...